Skip to content
- Dissemination of information related to and achievements of the Government of West Bengal in New Delhi. Projection of correct image of West Bengal to people through various media.
- Organizing press conferences, seminars and interactive sessions, issuing press releases and publicizing other related programmes. Organizing media interactions during visits of senior ministers and officials as and when required and ahead of and during various programmes, events and expositions organized by the Government of West Bengal in New Delhi.
- Organizing cultural programmes from time to time as per the calendar of events, including theatre and film festivals, exhibitions, celebration of birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore, All-Faith Prayer Meeting on Mahatma Gandhi’s martyrdom day every year as well as cultural soirees during various expositions organized by the Office of the Resident Comissioner, Government of West Bengal.
- Working on various aspects related to organization and proper projection of the State during India International Trade Fair in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, every year. Coordinating with various participating departments in this regard.
- Coordinating and overseeing all aspects related to the presentation of the State Tableaux at the Republic Day Parades.
- The Centre maintains a Reference Library with a considerable number of books and periodicals including Government Publications, Reports and Acts.
- Apart from the above, WBICC is entrusted to organize various other festivals, fairs, exhibitions, seminars and discussion sessions..
- Its personnel also coordinate in the tracking of lost children from West Bengal with an object of reuniting them with their families. Other than that, WBICC is also facilitating rescued women and labourers in human trafficking related and/or child labour related cases and helping in translations in various courts of Delhi from time to time in cases where the victim or the witnesses can speak/understand Bengali language only.